Safety around Covid
Wild Bear Lodge has created a COVID-19 Operating Plan to ensure the health of our guests and staff.
We will follow the Safe Travels protocols laid out by the World Travel & Tourism Council, in conjunction with local regulations and best practices.
We will be enacting the following measures for 2021. These measures may change without notice if advice from the Government of Canada changes.
- Guests may be asked to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment prior to their arrival at the lodge. Staff will complete the Self-Assessment daily before work.
- Guest contact information will be kept on record for contact tracing purposes.
- Guests will be provided with masks and hand sanitiser, and will be informed of our COVID-19 policy.
On the Property
- We have six separate cabins with plenty of space in between each. Our housekeeping staff clean and sanitise each cabin thoroughly between stays.
- Our staff receive training on our health protocols and guidelines, including training on our incident management policy with regards to suspected or active cases.
- While visiting, much of your time will be spent in either your own personal cabin, or in the wilderness. Time spent in shared spaces will be limited.
- Hand soap and sanitiser will be available for guests and staff in their cabins, around the lodge, and on outings.
- Both guests and staff may be required to sanitise their hands before entering the main lodge. High-touch areas around the main lodge with be sanitised throughout the day.
- Masks or face coverings may be required inside the main lodge. Social distancing may be required around members outside of your group.
- As a small operation, we are fortunate to have small group sizes of up to four guests on our guided activities.
- While travelling by vehicle, guests and staff may be required to wear masks or face coverings.
- Our chefs follow the policies and guidelines laid out by British Columbia Public Health and the BC Restaurant & Food Service Association while preparing your food. Physical distancing will be implemented in the dining area as required.